Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Macro: Fly

Now is already October, so it means almost all insects have disappeared here in North Finland. Few days a go I saw a fly in balcony, which hardly could move anymore at all, because it was already so cold. It was perfect target to take same macro shots.

I don't have external flash, so I used internal flash and also flashlight to have some extra light.

Place: Tornio, Finland
Photo: Fly
Date:   15th of October, 2016

Camera: Canon EOS 60D
Lens: Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM + Kenko Extension Tubes (3)

Editing: Cropping, sharpening and highlights down

I tried many different manual setting. Here I used: 1/125 sec. f/18 100mm ISO320

Lens and Cover Blog | Macro: Fly

Closer. 1/60 sec. f/11 100mm ISO100

Lens and Cover Blog | Macro: Fly

Front close-up. 1/125 sec. f/14 100mm ISO320

Lens and Cover Blog | Macro: Fly

Normally it's very difficult or almost impossible to go so near a fly like I did in these shots.

Regards,
Mika

No comments:

Post a Comment