Monday, September 19, 2016

Moon, do you read me?

Full moon was just few days a go on 16th of September 2016. I took this photo yesterday evening. Aerial is just on the front of the moon and gives cool effect for the photo.

Lens and Cover Blog | Moon Photography | Settings

Today I tried to take better photo of the moon. I took many photos using different Manual settings and this was finally the best shot after heavy editing.

Place:  Tornio, Finland
Photo: Moon
Date:   18th of September, 2016

Camera: Canon EOS 60D
Lens: Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS
Shot: 1/40 sec. f/7.1 250mm ISO100

Lens and Cover Blog | Moon Photography | Settings

When I wrote heavy editing I want to show first the original shot without any editing.

Lens and Cover Blog | Moon Photography | Settings

Moon is very small and details are hardly visible. So what did I do?

Original photo is 5184 x 3456 pixels. Edited photo is only 576 x 576 pixels, because I had to crop it so much. Then I added Contrast. After that Highlights down even more. Finally photo is Sharpened heavily.

I'm quite happy for the edited photo.  What do you think?

Sigma and Tamron have both 150-600mm SuperZoom. That kind of lens would be so much better for moon and animal shots. Maybe some day.

Regards,
Mika

No comments:

Post a Comment