Thursday, July 7, 2016

Underwater Photography | Sunken Pier

I'm also scuba diver and I like to take photos underwater. UW photography is very interesting, but it also require more editing.

I took this photo when I was diving in Gili Island in Indonesia. There was sunken pier and a lot of fishes around the pier.

Place:   Gili Islands, Indonesia
Target: Sunken Pier
Date:    9.3.2011

Camera: Canon Ixus 120 IS with Canon UW Housing
Shot: 1/60 sec. f/2.8 5mm ISO160

Editing: More red color to get the real colors better visible, more contract, more sharpness

Lens and Cover Blog | Fishes around sunken pier in Gili Islands, Indonesia.

I really like UW photography, but it's also more difficult. Why? There is not so much light under water, deeper colors are not so well visible without good external light, particles in the water, focusing is not so easy, etc. UW photography is also very rewarding and it´s always very interesting after diving to upload the photos to computer and start checking the photos.

Here you can see more UW photos from Gili Islands in my dive blog Reef Dive.

Regards,
Mika

No comments:

Post a Comment